Forget about boring volunteer work and dive into the excitement of working at the Central Coast Aquarium! We’re currently seeking motivated and reliable volunteers to join our organization. Are you interested in working behind-the-scenes at an aquarium? Are you passionate about educating and inspiring others to appreciate the amazing life that exists in our oceans? If so, then volunteer at the Central Coast Aquarium. Our volunteers are the heart of our organization, and we wouldn’t exist without them. Thanks to the help of a dedicated group of volunteers who assist in all areas of the Aquarium's programs, we’re able to open our doors every day.
- Our preference is to maintain long-term volunteers that can learn and grow with our ever changing facility. However, we value those of you that are only here short-term for school and welcome all that are interested in the Central Coast Aquarium.
- We ask that volunteer commit to one 3.5 hour shift per week (exceptions made for school program department). Based on availability, this hourly commitment can increase or decrease depending on the exact volunteer position and needs of the organization.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Occasional exceptions will be made for specific school projects and individual volunteers in our Jr. Volunteer category. All Jr. Volunteer applicants must commit to the same minimum time commitment of 3 months service and must demonstrate maturity, independence and a strong interest in the subject of marine science.
- All volunteers will be subject to background checks and an in person interview.
- Please note, all volunteer positions are unpaid.
We are primarily looking for longer term commitments so both the volunteer and organization can best benefit. Unfortunately, we do not offer any single-day or short-term volunteer positions at this time.
Once your application is submitted online, it will be carefully reviewed to determine if you are an appropriate match for the aquarium's volunteer program. You will hear back from us via email after your submission. Thank you for your interest in the Central Coast Aquarium!Volunteer Application